06 November 2011

End of Summer

 The end of Summer found me back in Carson, trying to smash in as much hiking/fun/backpacking as I possibly could. ( : I spent the beginning and ending of my last week of freedom on Mt. Rose in the Sierras. The first trip was with a friend, we ran the whole thing (about 10 miles) in three hours. The second trip was with a group, we backpacked the whole thing over the course of two days. Both trips were fun!

On our way down from the run...

My hero, on her first backpacking trip

Lovely views from the top

Conquering pose?

The group at the top

The group all geared up

I also found myself with some visitors at the end of the Summer. One of my former roommates came back to stay for a few weeks, and I also randomly saw one of my companions who was on vacation!

Kayla eating an amazing stuffed hamburger.

Becca and her family at the lake. ( :

Overall, this has been my favorite summer since I have been a kid. It reminded me of being a kid because I didn't work a lick-first time in a long time that I have had the ENTIRE summer off. I could get used to this.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow! Three hours? Amazing.