29 August 2009

Finish it Strong

I have been postponing posting because I haven't had time to upload my pictures and report on the end of my summer activities. I finally found some time today, yeah!

We went hiking up to Lake Winnemucca as a branch a few weeks back. It was so pretty!



Then my FRIEND (please take note Brennan) Benson came out and spent a few days with me. We hung out in Virginia City, Tahoe, Reno and Truckee. It was nice to go play for a while.




I finally moved ALL of my 'toys' to my house, the kayak being the last thing to come. It doesn't make my car look too small does it?

I got to attend the wedding reception of my cousin Jilyn and her husband Andrew and catch up with all of my awesome cousins!


Then I got to start school. This first week has been crazy busy! I got my bus permit on Tuesday, drove for a couple hours on both Wednesday and Thursday and have been loving it so far. I'm a little nervous about the driving test, especially the pre-trip inspection portion! I finally got my PE curriculum done and can't wait to start next week with our activities.
Coaching is amazing! I thought I would be less confident than I am, and it's been nice to have my team practice every day this week. We had a scrimmage this morning and they are looking good. ( : Today I had to choose captains and it was one of the hardest things I have had to do so far.
Last week the head girl's basketball coach at Carson High called me at work and asked if I wanted to coach his freshman team this year. Wow. I don't know what soccer is going to take out of me, and if there will be enough to go around for back to back seasons of coaching. I told him I would think about it. Any suggestions?
I am loving the busy life that comes with being back in school. It has shocked me how much I really missed the students at SSHS. It's been so nice to catch up with them and see them again. It feels like coming home.

1 comment:

DaNette said...

YES! Coach basketball, it will ROCK! and I *Might* be a little bit jealous, but just a little.