23 August 2009

Summer Mileage

With my second year of teaching beginning in the morning, I have been reflecting on what a great summer this has been. This summer has reminded me of the summers I used to enjoy when I was a kid and didn't have to worry about working or getting up early or anything like that. This summer has given me the gift of a carefree life, doing anything and everything I want to. It has been a huge reward, and a nice time to adjust my standards back to what they should be. It has been so nice to be able to breathe for a while; I think it will be nice to remember that breathing when I start back tomorrow.

I was looking at my odometer the other day and realized that this summer has found me in my car many, many times. I have driven to Salt Lake, Sacramento, Salt Lake, Hope's Valley, Salt Lake, Buck's Lake, Salt Lake, and Salt Lake. It has been quite an intense summer. I have read numerous books on tape and listened to hours and hours of music. All in all, it's been about 6,600 miles of family, friends and fun.

I've visited with family and friends and had family and friends come visit with me. I have learned a lot, grown a lot, relaxed a lot and played a lot.

Now it's time to hit the grindstone, being the new JV Girl's Soccer Coach, the new English Department Chair, the new PE teacher at the high school, the new bus driver at the school, and the new mentor to two new teachers. I hope to be able to hold that refreshing summer breathing until October, then learn to breathe again. I can't wait to be so busy that I don't have time to think! Seriously, that wasn't sarcastic.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Did you just say BUS DRIVER?!? Kelsey, that is awesome! Wow, you've got quite the work cut out for you this year...but if anyone can do it, it's totally you! Love you!

Sarah said...

I can't believe you're taking on so much (I think you forgot to mention your huge calling too)!

I bet it will be fun with lots of memories.

Thx for the email. We missed you this weekend, but I'm glad you had one last chance to breathe instead of race around like a crazy woman.

Strollerblader said...

Have a fantastic school year! Let me know when you're up for a temple session or a night of nertz.

Matthew -n- Erica said...

Are you crazy! That's a lot of "new". Good luck with everything. I've got a good backpacking trip for you to adventure on next summer. Watch my blog for the post-it'll be a few days, but you'll like it! Wish we could live closer-we'll have to make a trip to salt lake at the same time. Hasta Luego!