17 June 2009

Consistency

I am so mean. I just kicked a girl out of summer school because she has missed one day already and comes in at least thirty minutes late on a daily basis. She was an hour and thirty minutes late today. I feel like a jerk for upholding the rules and kicking her out. I'm trying to be a good teacher and sometimes that doesn't always mean that I am nice. I feel bad but I am also trying to be fair to the other students. Is being consistent better than being nice or liked?

3 comments:

bec said...

yep. Way to be strong.

Kristen said...

Always!! One day those you are consistent with will understand and appreciate it deeply.

You're awesome!

Callie said...

I'm sure other students were getting really upset because they were getting there on time and making an attempt yet they saw that she was late all the time and not getting punished for it so I think it was a great decision!