08 March 2009

Stake Conference

This weekend we had stake conference. I love the Saturday night adult session; it never disappoints and last night was no different. My current stake president is an eloquent man who spoke with love and concern for the members of the stake. It was great to be there. This morning, along with the rest of Nevada, we got to participate in a broadcast. What a privilege it is to hear from our prophet. I love to hear the counsel of the prophet, and I try to heed it. I was just thinking about conference last October, and what a difference six months made in the way this man presented himself to the members of the church. The April conference was good, but it seemed to me that the mantle of the prophet rested more heavily upon him in October. What an amazing and uplifting weekend this has been!

I have needed this and somehow the Lord always finds a way to meet my needs, no matter how great or small. I have been struggling with the release of both of my couselors. It was hard to replace them, and it has been a challenge during this busy time in my life to start over with new counselors, but the Lord knows what He is doing, and I just keep trusting that. When I do allow myself to trust Him, everything always works out.

No comments: