I don't know why, but I have been hanging on to my Utah driver's license and plates until last week. Maybe it was because I'm still adjusting to moving to Nevada, maybe it's because the Arches plate is way cooler than the blue mountain plate...who really knows? After seven months of living and working here I thought it was about time. Plus the branch president, who happens to be an FBI agent, warned me a couple of weeks ago that I really ought to get registered in Nevada. I have heard that the last two people he warned about that mysteriously got pulled over and ticketed for not doing so. Needless to say, his warning was motivation enough for me to go get it done.
Another official bit of news is that I will soon be the proud owner of a large hot tub! My land lord and her husband (my principal) came to the house on a Friday night a couple of weeks back and sat me down in a very serious fashion. I was a little concerned about what was coming because of their serious tone, but when they asked, "Kelsey, would you like to buy a hot tub," I was very relieved, and even laughed. They have a friend who is practically giving her hot tub away, and they thought I would enjoy it. They even said they would buy it back from me when I move! I went over to run some water through it on Saturday and got even more excited about getting it when I knew that it actually worked! It will be nice to have because even in the summer it can get a little chilly here.
My last official report of this post is the fact that my immune system has taken a beating this year. Usually I only get really sick once a year. I am now working on my fourth time since I began teaching and it is one of the worst colds I have ever had. I lost my voice today around ten in the morning, the rest of the day was an adventure! I know that the weakened immune system is from being around all sorts of germs all day long. I attempt to do my best to avoid getting sick. I even try to wash my hands as much as possible at school.
Okay, one more bit of fun news! I'm officially going to start into rock climbing for this year on Saturday. I am SOOOOO excited and just hope that it doesn't rain.
3 comments:
I have heard from many of my teacher friends when I have inquired as to how they keep from getting sick all the time that the first year is the worst and that they were sick all the time. After that they say that think they have built such an immunity that they don't get as sick as often. I hope that's the case for you. Congratulations on officially becoming a "Nevadan". I'll be down soon to try out the new tub.
Sweet! I knew I wanted to visit you, now an added perk can be the spa amenities. Sorry you've been so sick. All the kissing? Just playing, hope there's a little romance in your life...
I want to come rock climbing with you! Count me in. We live in the same state for goodness sakes - that is a first! We need to visit. My first year of teaching I didn't use any sick days for reasons of being sick :) Time to sound like a mother... are you taking your vitamins? I took plenty of vitamin C - the chewable kind of course :)
Post a Comment