08 March 2009

Rock Climbing

Yesterday morning a few friends and I got up early and headed up the canyon to do a little rock climbing. Not only is it March and still cold outside, but there was actual snow on the ground where we were climbing. My fingers and toes were freezing but that didn't stop me from doing a few climbs on this face. I was so excited, it has been far too long since I have climbed. This is my friend David using his ridiculously long arms to reach holds I would have to jump for. I'm totally jealous.

This is Ian showing off his mad skills. He is the one who had the rope and the know-how. He is a really skilled climber.

This is me on my way down from one of the climbs. It was a great face for huge jumps on the rappel down.

This is Noelle, slowly making her way down the face. This was her first time on a real rock.
We plan on doing this the whole summer. It's free and there are some great climbs around here!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That looks like fun!! Brought back some memories from WAYYYYY back. Looks like you keep yourself pretty busy having fun :). When are you coming Vegas way to visit?? :)