This past Summer started off with a bang-I got to go visit an amazing country, culture and people in Peru. I would highly recommend it. I fell in love with the people, both present and past. The present people are humble and all heart, and the past were richly blessed engineers who were able to build amazing structures for protection and food growth and storage. Amazing!
| In the Amazon Jungle on Monkey Island. |
| On a hike into the jungle to see a salt-water Lake Sandoval |
| At a boys' orphanage in Cuzco. |
| At a girls' orphanage in Cuzco. |
| Feeding the llamas/alpacas. They didn't like it much that I tried to pull a Lady and the Tramp move... |
| So cute! |
| First ruins of the trip in Pisaq. |
| Locals in Pisaq wearing their cultural dress. |
| The hilltop fortress of Saqsayhuaman, looking down on Cuzco. This caballero was selling a cd... |
| Saqsayhuaman and some local wildlife. |
| The aunt and uncle I traveled with. |
| A lone donkey by Chincero. |
| Large pottery on our lunch stop in Urubamba. |
| Boarding the train in Ollantaytambo. |
| Atop Wayna Picchu. |
| Machu Picchu from above. |
| Our group that sacrificed sleep and made the hike. |
| Local wildlife. |
| Machu Picchu-this photo definitely doesn't do this place justice. |
| Me n Machu. |
| A cathedral in Lima. |
2 comments:
I'm glad you finally posted pictures of Peru. (like my alliteration?)
What a fun trip...glad to re-live it again with you!
Post a Comment