I'm pretty sure that if I started dating someone in November, I could use the logic in John Mayer's
St. Patrick's Day to keep a boyfriend around until at least March, but then John leaves me on my own. While I'm no grump when it comes to Valentine's Day, it's not usually a holiday that I tend to celebrate because it's rare that I'm dating someone during this time of year. Today was no different?
Today was actually different. There was love in the air at school, and everyone was just a bit sillier than normal. One student was making duct tape roses (?), another student was wandering through the teacher's offices with a large heart-shaped box of chocolates.
When I went over to the middle school, one of my cute little seventh grade boys ambled up to me awkwardly and threw a cute little valentine on the desk next to me, and then scampered off. Another student who knew that tootsie rolls are my favorite candy brought me a very large bag, sort of as a joke.

And then these (and a box of chocolates) were delivered to the school around lunch time.

They are pretty and I'm sure they will smell wonderful, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about their sender. Don't get me wrong, it is completely flattering to receive flowers from anyone, even more so when it is on Valentine's Day. There is a guy here who has been 'trying' to date me, but I'm not so sure. He took me to Shakepseare (my favorite author) for our first date and to a VERY expensive dinner for my birthday-VERY expensive. He dropped something by for Christmas, and has been very persistent in asking what time I play soccer each Saturday and Monday. He is a nice guy, I'm just not feeling it. I don't want to lead him on, so I have been 'busy' or unavailable for many of his invitations, but he doesn't seem to be picking up on my vibe. Advice?
It's nice to be remembered on Valentine's Day, and I guess that I kind of have a Valentine today...
To everyone else out there reading about my little corner of the world, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, whether you have a sweetheart or not.
5 comments:
Just tell him, "No luck, Chuck! Take a ride, Clyde!" (hee, hee I'm so clever!)
Glad to hear you got some love on Valentine's Day, though!
Or here's some more ideas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXX6NFpcT8&feature=related
Please Kels, leave the high school girl "hint language" behind and just tell him. He deserves to know and you're both adults so just tell him, but don't use the phrase "nice guy." That's the equivalent of telling a girl that she has a "sweet spirit." Why is it that so many women think hints are appropriate communications for important things? Why talk in code when your purpose is to actually say something?
I was just going to say the same thing as Bryce. I was listening to a talk title "what men wish women knew about them". He says guys don't take hints just because they don't process them the same. Gotta give it too him straight!! Good luck! Wish you lived closer!
Well, just to be different, I will mention that a love story near and dear to my heart began in a similar way . . . and 22 years and four kids later, I'm glad I didn't "just tell him" too soon. haha
Thanks for sharing dinner with us the other night -- sorry we didn't have more time to chat!
la vida loca!
miss you.
love you.
Aunt connie
Post a Comment