21 January 2011

Testing, testing, one, two, three


This morning I took a test which will determine whether or not I can receive a teaching license in the state of NV. It was supposed to be a test that college students in NV take to get in to their respective education programs, and I took a similar, harder test in UT while I was still in school.

The test is comprised of three parts; reading, writing and mathematics. Although I'm no dummy when it comes to math, I haven't had a real (calculus) math class (does an athletics statistics class really count as math?) in 11 years or so. I studied a bit in anticipation of the challenge the math portion of this test may have presented me.

As chance would have it, I ended up scoring better on the math portion of the test than I did on the reading portion (the written portion will take some time to get graded). Granted, the reading portion was the first part of the test and it was early for my brain to be functioning properly, but still.

I have a degree in English. I read books ALL of the time. Should I be thinking of getting a math endorsement? It is much easier to grade because there is only ONE right answer...

1 comment:

Strollerblader said...

Math is far superior to English.

Way to get it done!