When I was hanging out at my brother's house a while ago, I was telling my brother and his wife a story about this one time when my childhood best friend and I got in to trouble. We had done something that wasn't too serious, but when we were caught, we were told that we should probably repent. My friend remembers that she didn't feel like she should actually repent because she didn't feel like she had done anything really that wrong, so she didn't repent. As I was sharing this with my brother and sister-in-law, their three-year-old was working on a 'project', fixing his parachute man.
The next day, when I saw my brother, he told me that when his son got home from church, my brother asked him what he had learned at church. His son told my brother that he had learned about Samuel being on a wall. My brother then talked to his son about Samuel standing on the wall, telling the people to repent. The conversation eventually led to his son responding by saying, "Kelsey needs to repent."
Interesting what a three-year-old will pick up on in a conversation. He had been focused on his 'project', but heard and picked up on the important part of the story-repenting. He's right too. I do need to repent, every day even. I am so mortal and fallible. I struggle to always choose the right and treat others like the children of God they are. I'm grateful for the simple reminder from my nephew that I need to repent. I'm also grateful for the opportunity I have to make use of the atonement, and make changes in my life.
2 comments:
Sounds like a super cute 3 year old!!!
It sounds like you learned your lesson though. Next time you need some profound advice give us a call, we'll put him on.
Darn. By the title I thought this was about you kissing someone.
Post a Comment