
A friend brought me some fresh flowers at work-and I get to start a fresh, new decade of life. I'm actually excited about being 30, believe it or not. I like the idea of new things, and I'm sure this new decade will be filled with adventures galore!

My family flew me home for my birthday. It was awesome to have lunch with my dad and go to a movie with my sister and nieces, even though the movie stunk, it was fun to be there with my family.

One of my friends also drove up to say happy birthday in person, and she created a new friendship with my niece.

Later that night I got to spend time with almost everyone else. We played and ate, and played and ate. (Most Bushmans are REALLY good at those two things.)
I am a huge fan of Chinese food, so we had a mix and match night of sushi, egg rolls, pot stickers, take out Chinese and rice. It was great! I got to sit at the kid table too!

My sister-in-law made my favorite cake-German chocolate. My niece with the one sweet tooth (she really only has one tooth), decided that she couldn't wait for everyone else.

But it was okay, because she shared...


Then, I started a small forest fire on the cake, my family sang a song, and I blew the fire out. (What strange traditions we have.)

Then I spent the night with my buddy, and woke up the next morning to watch How to Train Your Dragon (probably my new favorite movie) with the rest of the boys.


It was a great bday, and great time spent with my family. I can't wait for Christmas break!
1 comment:
It was a fun birthday for us too. Happy 30!
Post a Comment