05 August 2010

Oh What Fun It Is To Ride

I took the motorcycle for a nice long ride down to Mammoth this summer to go lunch with one of my friends. I'd never been to Mammoth and didn't know how much it would captivate me once I was there. I wasn't prepared to go explore its beauty, but that didn't stop me. It was a beautiful ride that I thoroughly enjoyed. Here is what I saw:


This is a photo of the 'skyline' I enjoy seeing. ( :



I can't remember the name of this peak, but it was gorgeous. This was at the base of Crystal Lake, a lake that some rangers I met suggested I go check out.


On the way up to Crystal Lake.



Can you tell why they call it Crystal Lake? Wow. It really was breath-taking. I hiked the five miles in my jeans and riding boots... ( :


This was the view on the way down.


After exploring as much as I dared in Mammoth, I headed back towards Carson, and took a small detour down the road to Bodie, CA, a famous ghost town. I never made it all the way to Bodie though because I couldn't stop getting off my bike to take pictures!







I found this old, abandonded trailor and just had to spend some time photographing it.



This was my wonderful companion for the whole day! We had some great bonding time.



When I was stopped for gas in Bridgeport on the way back, this was the sunset that I got to enjoy! It was perfect timing and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending to the day.


3 comments:

Gillian said...

AWESOME pics Kelsy...... miss you SO much

lemon twigs said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures.

Christine said...

Thanks! I needed this.