Gravitate: to be attracted by or as if by an irresistible force; a movement towards a source of attration.
Do you ever step outside of yourself and observe your own actions? Lately I have noticed that my thoughts and actions have been pulling me in an interesting direction. Tonight I attended a branch activity at the branch president's house. When I arrived (fashionably late of course), the branch presidency's wives were the first ones to greet me. I was perfectly content to keep company with them rather than go mingle with the rest of the branch members. I have more in common with the wives than I do with most of the branch members, and I am closer in age to the presidency members and their wives than I am to most of the branch members. Don't get me wrong, I get along just fine with most of the members of the branch, but I think that my preference for company would be to hang out with the presidency and their wives hands down. It looks like I am gravitating out of the branch soon...
I long (almost daily) to be with my family. Sometimes I feel like I am missing out on so much because I live so far away from my family. They get to do things together often, and they recently went on a trip to Lagoon all together. I will see them a lot this summer, but just in short segments of time. I wish I could have them as a more consistent part of my life, and be a more consistent part of theirs. It would seem that I may be gravitating closer to home, when the time is right and the plan permits...
Today was one of those days (the second or third one this week), that I really just wish I could be a mom. The desire to have kids gets a little stronger every year, while the opportunity to meet and date good men seems to dwindle. My heart wants to be a mother more than anything, but my social life isn't helping much. It's not that I'm unhappy in any way. I actually have a great life. I get to do the things I love to do, and explore new avenues in life often. I have great people in my life. I have an amazing family who I know supports me in all that I do. I get to be an aunt to nine of the coolest people I know. The people I work with feel like a family. I am blessed beyond measure in all respects, and I know this. But I can't help feeling that there is a hole in my life right now. I try to fill it with the students I teach, the athletes I coach, and the youth I get to work with, but I can't fill it with the one thing I know would make me whole. It is hard to gravitate to things that are currently unattainable...
I know there is a plan for my life. I trust that all things will work together for my good, if I am righteous and keep my covenants. I know that I am doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right place. I just can't shake the feeling that there is so much more out there that I have yet to discover, yet feel that I have progressed along this path as far as I can on my own. I am naturally moving towards good things, and hope there will be a nice spot picked out just for me when I arrive.
5 comments:
I hope that you get all the desires of your heart in this life!
...and I am laughing at the irony: My "word verification" word to be able to post this?
GAMETE
Maybe it's a sign of good things to come for you shortly!
Thanks for the chat last night!
We would love for you to "gravitate" closer to home. We have just as hard of a time with you gone as you do...it's just not the same. BUT we understand, love, and support whatever decisions you make!
Life doesn't always turn out like you would expect...Getting what we want (even if it is a "righteous desire") are often things that are out of our control no matter what stage of life we are at. It makes me think of the talk by Wirthlin called "Come what may and love it." Good stuff. I try and remember that as long as I am on the right path things will work out how they are suppose to, not necessarily how I want, but it will always be what I need.
Whew...now didn't you mean that you are the aunt to 10 great nieces and nephews? SURPRISE!
Oh Kelsey, don't make me cry! You are one of the coolest people I have ever known. I hope that you find the joy in your life that you are seeking. We love you!
You will be an incredible mom someday! Sometimes I need a reminder about how wonderful it is to be a mom, when some days I wish I had your life! I guess that's how it goes. Motherhood is awesome.
Can't wait to see you soon!
I like the new blog decor!
Thanks for the birthday outing tonight! Have a great trip and time with your family!
Post a Comment