Here is how I have been slowly transitioning into the summer this year:
CLIMBING
I've really gotten in to rock climbing this year. It has been fun to get better and challenge myself a bit. I go with a great group of people, and it's always changing. It's gotten warm enough over the past two months (finally) to go outside. I try to go at least twice a week.
I live in an 'outdoor enthusiasts' playground! I love how accessible everything is here. I have taken a few short hikes here and there to start the summer off. I plan to do more extensive hiking once I no longer have students to tend to. But here is the view of the valley from a little hike I took.

RIDING
My bike has been fun to have this year as well. I love just hopping on and going for a ride. Two weekends ago I decided that I was going to test my endurance on a bike, because I have never been on a ride longer than about an hour before. Taking a trip around Lake Tahoe sounded like a great way to build some endurance. Talk about sensory overload-it was amazing! There is something about being able to see, hear, smell, and feel your environment on a motorcycle. The ponderosa pine's sweet vanilla odor was overpowering at times. The view of the blue, blue Lake Tahoe was phenomenal. What a trip! It only took me three hours. I did get a little 'saddle sore', but it went away when I took a five minute break. It would be cool to ride the motorcycle to UT this summer, but then I couldn't really take anything with me. Maybe I'll have to go to CA instead.
FAMILY
It won't really be summer until I can go play with my family again! When I was home in April these boys' sweet mom let me go on a run/bike ride with them at 8pm (thanks Callie). I know it's really summer when I get to spend some quality time with the people I love the most in this world. I've been missing my family lately, more than I usually do. Good thing we have lots of plans to spend time together this summer!
Jonah holds his mouth 'just so' when he is riding his four-wheeler.
I miss these boys! (Bradey was sleeping, of course. I think he takes after his dad in that respect.)
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for new posts.
i miss you :(
Post a Comment