14 April 2010

Strong Stuff

One of the guys in the branch is really good at sharing the gospel with the women that he dates. A few of his past girlfriends have been baptized and remained active, even after they broke up.

Tonight I had the chance to go to the baptism of his most recent girlfriend and all I can say is wow. From the first time I met this girl, the Spirit was extremely strong with her. She is such a humble person, willing to do whatever it is that the Spirit directs her to do. A couple of weeks ago we were chatting after church and we both felt and mentioned how strong the Spirit was as we were talking. The Lord REALLY wanted her!

At her baptism, the Elders asked if I would go and help her get fitted into a jumpsuit. We were chatting as she was getting ready, and she was sharing with me how excited and at peace she was, all at the same time. I asked her a favor before we left the bathroom; if she would relate to me what it felt like to get baptized because it had been so long since my own baptism. She said she would love to.

As the meeting progressed, the Spirit grew even stronger. I LOVE attending baptisms because I know that it is a place that the Spirit will always be present. Her boyfriend baptized her. It was cute because he had a hard time not getting emotional during the prayer. The feeling of love and peace in the room was nearly palpable.

After she was baptized I went back to the bathroom to see if she could use any help with anything. She tried to explain to me what it felt like to be baptized but couldn't find the words. She didn't need words though, she gave me a hug and then feelings were all there in my heart.

2 comments:

Strollerblader said...

Thanks for sharing!

Hanson Family said...

That is the same way I feel at baptisms! I love going because every time I do, I feel the spirit so strong there- and it's always a witness to me that this is the true church. I love to feel that, and so I try to take those opportunities to attend them. Thanks for sharing!