As I was talking with my sister yesterday I realized that my life is completely crazy lately. We sat and laughed at the many mishaps and mayhem that seem to be ever-present in my world as of late. She asked me an interesting question. It was something like, "Do you ever look up and ask when it will all be enough?"
Last week when I was just about at my wit's end I was reminded of how much Heavenly Father loves me, which is why I don't ask Him when it has been enough. I was driving home from work and it had been one of those incredibly challenging days, when everything that could come up against me practically had. I was not feeling happy or even content like I normally do. It had been raining that day and as I was driving home I looked up and saw the faintest rainbow. My mind immediately flashed to the meaning of a rainbow, and how it was a sign from God that He would never flood the earth again. I also thought about some significant experiences in my own life when a rainbow has been a sign to me that everything was going to work out, even though life was hard at the time. After thinking about those things I had the calm, quiet reassurance that because of that rainbow being a sign that God would never flood the earth again, that I too was not going to drown because of the things I was going through. The peace that swept through me was absolute, and has stayed with me since then. My circumstances haven't changed much since that day, but the way that I view them and deal with them has.
So when my sister asked me when enough was enough, I was shocked to think that I hadn't even thought about asking things to stop or get better. I've been carried through these tough times, and I know that I am being given opportunities to grow and stretch, which I truly am grateful for, even though it can be extremely trying. The peace I feel helps me know that I am being watched over and taken care of. What more can I ask for?
4 comments:
You are truly an inspiration Kelsey. Thanks;)
Amen
Beautiful!
Yup, I love your face off! Thanks for being such a great example to me! I sure hope I get to see you one of these days...sooner than later, of course.
Post a Comment