One of my co-workers and I were able to prevent two fights, which is ALWAYS a good thing. (Yesterday we weren't quite quick enough.) It seems we have one girl who thinks she needs to prove to everyone else that she is tough. It has certainly made life entertaining lately.
Later on I got to go bowling with my PE students. I really love going off to PE with the students, that is when I really get to know who they are, and I don't have to make them adhere to all of the rules we enforce at the school. Today was our biggest bowling group yet, and we all did fairly well. Unfortunately it was probably our last time bowling for this go-around. By the way, I almost got kicked out of the bowling alley/casino today because I was taking pictures of my students...it was REALLY funny! This week I bowled a 106, 110, 125, and 130.
After school I went with one of the YW in the stake up to Reno to do some indoor rock climbing. I am her mentor for her senior project-getting lead climb certified. Somehow we got the guy setting up our memberships to waive the $30 initiation fee! Winking a lot helps! ( :
We started out small with a 5.8 but ended up finishing a 5.10a-my first time ever! My forearms were screaming at me but we had so much fun. There was a little pupusaria next to the indoor wall so I bought her a pupusa and had one myself! I LOVE PUPUSAS and I miss eating them often. Now that I know where there is a good pupusaria I will have to frequent the rock wall more often! We're going back on Friday.
What a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment