I'm pretty sure that the train ride home for Thanksgiving has ruined my drive. The train was so relaxing, and I could just sleep....oh boy. I started dreading the drive home on Monday, and then put it off until Wednesday because my mom said the weather was supposed to be bad on Tuesday. I was okay with putting it off for a day, I got so much done on Tuesday! It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, it's just that it takes ALL DAY! Lucky for me the weather was perfect with blue skies until I was half way between Wendover and SLC, and then I ran into this...
Christmas Eve was a great day to get out and play! One of my best friend's Benson, took me out for lunch and a movie. We saw The Blind Side and we both LOVED it. I really liked the way Bullock played her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy because she loved without thinking and acted according to her love without hesitation or reservation. What a quality flick!
Later that night my parents and I went out for Chinese! We have never done that before but it was kind of fun to be out together that night. I sure do love my parents and had a scripture running through my head the whole time I was home. My parents really do "know how to give good gifts unto [their] children" (Matt 7:11). They have given me so much in my life and I am so grateful to them for their patience and love for me.
Someone else who is really good to me is Benson. When I was home for Thanksgiving he took me to dinner and my old stomping grounds to see the lights on Temple Square. What a great way to start out the Christmas season!
2 comments:
You shoulda come to our book club a couple of months ago when we read "Three Cups of Tea."
Glad you had a good Christmas!
I have heard good things about Three Cups of Tea. It's on my To Read List. He has written a second book now called Stones Into Schools.
Post a Comment