19 September 2009

Oops!

The other day I was heading out for some errands and asked one of my roommates if she wanted anything. She said I could get her a slurpee, so on the way home I stopped by a gas station to get her one. I walked in to the station and started filling the cup when one of my students came up behind me and said, "Hey, Miss Bushman!" It happened to be that student's birthday so we chatted for a while. (Side note: this is the student that I kicked out of summer school. I was worried we would lose all ground because of what happened, but we are cool, which I am very happy about.) As I was almost home I realized that I hadn't paid for my slurpee because I got distracted by my student. I felt like a jerk and a bad example to my student because I thought the clerk may have mentioned something about me walking out without paying. I went back a while later and paid for my slurpee. The clerk had a few interesting words to say about honesty and almost wouldn't accept my payment. I made him take it. What is this world coming to?

1 comment:

J and A said...

Wow, Kels! I love that your such an honest person. I wish everyone could be honest like you ;)By the way I love your new leather outfit and motorcycle. I could never pull that off, lucky duck :)