19 September 2009

First things First

Where to start? ( : Life has been so good and busy lately; I love being busy most of the time.

My 'girls' (the team) are doing well. We just played our fifth game today and we are still undefeated. We haven't even been scored on once! I have a solid defense and we mix it up a lot on offense. We are slowly learning to play as a team and making awesome improvements each game. For practice a few days ago we decided to go on a street run. I tweaked my ankle a few weeks ago and finally saw a doc about it-he told me I couldn't practice with my girls any more so I couldn't run with them. They started and didn't know I was going to follow. I got in my car after a few minutes to make sure everything was okay. From a distance, I watched them take care of each other and I felt just an overpowering love for them. It's almost like I have gained 19 little sisters to look out for. I love being their coach! We have a lot of fun together.

I took some time on Labor Day to go kayaking with my friend Matt. We found a rocky shore to stop on but it was such a cold day I was grateful for the sunshine, even though I am WHITE. I thought I had everything under control because Matt brought some super-strong sun screen that he let me borrow. Too bad it was expired by two years! My knees are still peeling!


I had a former roommate come spend the night last weekend. It is nice to be around people who know me and love me. We just caught up with each other-it was great.
The bike has had a little use lately. Two weeks ago I put a passenger on for the first time and was floored by how everything changed. The girl said she had ridden before but she was like a rag doll which made things difficult. It was a good experience though. I gave someone else a ride last weekend, but this person knew to lean and be pro-active. What a difference experience makes!
As promised, here is a pic of me in my leather gear! ( :

1 comment:

Strollerblader said...

Evan is WAY impressed by your bike!