06 May 2009

Last Weekend

This past weekend my cousin Brian got married up in Eureka, CA. I decided to go to the wedding with a bunch of my aunts and one of my uncles. It was quite the trip! The marriage was performed by Marian's mom in the church she grew up in. Eureka is a cool place! Here is a picture of my cousins Tom and Brian, Brian's daughter Shelby and his new wife Marian. They had a great time celebrating!

As we drove to and from Eureka we went through the Redwood Forest. It was awesome to see trees that are so big and old. For those of you who don't know, I am a huge tree lover. The Redwoods were a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I loved it there and I could have stayed and explored for days. Unfortunately we only had about four hours total.

These are my amazing aunts! They are so much fun to listen to and laugh with. I learned a lot from them about my grandparents and my dad. My uncle is in the backgroud, he doesn't necessarily like his picture being taken, but he walked into this one.

Here is the Founder Tree. It was gigantic! This is the best picture because I told them to see if they could wrap around this redwood. They did it first with their backs turned to me, then I had them turn around, then I told them to look up. It was just like a game of 'Simon-Says.' I should have had them stand on one foot next while they touched their noses...

This made the trip complete. Yes, this is me licking a slug. I wanted to get proof that I had actually done it! A few weeks back one of my cousins informed me about the "Banana Slug Gang" and was shocked that I wasn't a member. To become a member I had to find a banana slug and lick it. It wasn't that bad! After licking the banana slug my tongue was supposed to go numb, but nothing ever happened...I was completely disappointed!

1 comment:

Kyli said...

That's gross Kels. Sounds like somethin you'd do!! Thanks for the birthday wishes.