27 May 2009
A Good Laugh
Every now and again my students provide me with a great laugh. I got a good one today. For one of their assignments, my students are supposed to learn about the influential speeches of both Martin Luther King Jr. and John F. Kennedy. They can then write their own influential speech about a controversial topic. As I started reading one of the speeches that a student turned in I found myself reading about how offensive it was to him when people wear their pants low and let their underwear, or what is under their underwear, hang out all over the place. It was an extremely passionate speech, but I just had to laugh because I'm sure this student was in a bit of a hurry to finish all of his assignments. He thought the topic was human clothing, when it was really supposed to be human cloning. I didn't even tell him about his mistake. Who knew that human clothing was so controversial? ( :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good one. An A for effort right?
Post a Comment