
Remember when rollerblades were all the rage? I bought some when I was still quite young and quickly proceeded to grow out of them. I was disappointed when they no longer fit. I remember going to Classic Skating in SLC and choosing to use rollerblades and feeling really cool because I knew how to look good on them...oh, the good old days.
Occasionally on my way home from work I swing by Goodwill to see if they have anything I can decorate my house with (I've really become a decorating fiend lately-I found and put up six cool mirrors in my living room last week). Today at Goodwill I found a sweet pair of rollerblades. It was rather a dilemma though because I couldn't think of the proper way to test them out. I took them over to the furniture section, sat down, and tried them on. I stood up but didn't think it would be appropriate to actually skate around the store, there being some small toes running around. After not so much deliberation I decided to purchase the blades. Maybe it was nostalgia that made me do it, or the fact that the price was right. Either way I raced home to test them out.
As I was driving down my street I couldn't help but laugh to myself. On the right side of the street were three boys playing with their razor scooters, while on the left there was a groups of kids playing on their skateboards. I wonder what went through their minds when I raced out of my garage down the street on rollerblades! ( :
Although I'm not quite as good on rollerblades as I remembered, I am excited to have yet another mode of exercise; I've been getting sick of biking, running, pushups and sit ups. Between my new blades and the free punching bag I put up in my garage last week, I think I'll be busy for a while.
3 comments:
AWESOME! I LOVE rollerblades! Me and my buddies used to think we were so cool when we would try and "grind." We would wax up the rails, or stairs and everything! We were pimp.
You are right those were the "good ol' days."
Oh my gosh. I can't believe this post, because I have been rollerblading again recently too! hahaa Melanie and I re-lit the flame over Christmas break and I've been a little obsessed since then.
It just may be coming back because the more people I confess the resurrected hobby to, the more I find that the love of rollerblading is not dead :) (It has only been resting.)
On Monday, myself and four friends went rollerblading in the church parking lot before FHE. I found four other people! :) And on our way to the church, I caught this other random kid skating solo on his blades in a parking lot (I should have invited him to join us).
Kels, this post made my day. Keep shredding. Next time we're together, we're bringing the blades, alright? :)
Alyssa,
I'm so glad that you are into blading too! We will definitely have to blade together.
Did your mom tell you we have plans to go backpacking in Yosemite come April? ( : Are you in?
Post a Comment