17 February 2009

New Hobby?

Since I have seriously been considering the purchase of a motorcycle, I decided that I should probably learn how to ride one. I have some uncles who love motorcycles, so this past weekend I drove to Chico, CA to learn how to ride from one of the best.

I thought it was hilarious, when I got to their house I had just driven for five hours through snowy mountain passes and long winding roads, and my aunt immediately had my uncle take me out to the shop and start riding. It was fun. I got the clutch down and then I started shifting and going faster. After a few of hours of riding we called it a day and went to dinner. The next day it rained and rained and rained. I love the rain! This aunt and uncle happen to live in the middle of an almond orchard, so they had some room for me to ride. My cousin told me that if I was going to properly learn how to ride a dirt bike that I ought to ride in the dirt. There is a track around their house so I rode around that track. After a few hours the rain really started coming down and that was when it got fun. I slipped around every turn and almost biffed it a couple of times, but I learned how a bike reacts in the mud. I was covered in mud from my head to my toes-it was awesome!
Now I have a huge decision to make (well it's not actually that huge, I just like to be dramatic every now and again): do I buy a dirt bike or a road bike?

I drove home through a huge snow storm and caught some great pics.

No comments: