05 February 2009

Cha-Ching, Bling Bling


Today I filed my tax returns and I'm getting the largest chunk of change the government ever owed me-it's only because I earned more this year than ever. I think I even earned more this year than the last two years combined-wow, having a job and not going to school puts money IN my pocket. New concept.

Today I also found out that my bonus for moving to Nevada to teach will be in my check on the 25th. I will get my refund and bonus around the same time. The motorcycle I have been drooling over is calling for me....(see below). Don't worry though, I will also responsibly make a large payment on my car and contribute to my IRA.

This is also the first month that all of the bills will be split in half between my new roommate and I. How wonderful that feels! I don't think that I worry about money all that much, because I never really had too much of it to worry about. Having Becci move in last weekend has really lifted a burden off my shoulders that I didn't even realize was there. It was heavy, but now things are looking up.

It's a good thing I have all this dough coming my way soon, my car insurance agent kind of didn't call me back for the last six months, and now things are a littly nasty.

1 comment:

Tara Fears said...

Oh, I thought for sure you were going to say that with your money you were going to come visit me! Rats...I guess I fall WAY behind the Motorcycle, Car Insurance, Rend, IRA, Car Payments...I see how it is.