12 November 2008

Distractions

It’s been a while since I have updated the old blog. Many things have kept me from doing so. I thought the best way to update was to talk about the things that kept me from updating.

SCHOOL
We just finished our first semester last week. Since the format of our school allows students to work at their own pace, many of my students worked at an accelerated rate last week so they could get a passing grade. I was so pleased that many of them decided to care about their grades, but found it unfortunate that they waited until the last week of the semester to care. Needless to say I was bombarded with homework and grading.

Two weeks ago I helped with the school’s Halloween Dance and create a school float for the Nevada Day Parade.

Mrs. Talia and I at the dance we put on for the students at SSHS.

FAMILY
I spent the weekend before Halloween visiting with the Webbs and the Watfords. It was fun to stay up late chatting with my Aunt Connie; what an amazing woman. I attended a session at the Sacramento Temple with Connie, Tim and Sarah. That was neat. I also got to go ‘trunk or treating’ with the Watfords. I love visiting with family and getting to know them better.

I spent the weekend of Halloween with the Bosch duo. We went to Sacramento on Halloween and worked on promoting Proposition 8. We also checked out the capital building and Old Sacramento. Saturday we watched some great movies and went on an amazing walk in the rain.
My Aunt Delcia and I in Sacramento.

This is Desi, my cousin's daughter. She is the cutest cowgirl I've ever seen!

Here are two tired trick or treaters. They were both dogs for Halloween.

CHURCH
I was called as the Relief Society President a couple weeks ago. Yeah.

2 comments:

Hanson Family said...

Wow! You have been up to a lot! I'm glad to see new pictures!

Melissa said...

Busy as always! You'll be wonderful in your new calling. You're always at the top on my list of amazing people.