18 October 2008

Funniest Story Ever

Last night I got invited out to the home of one of the members of the branch presidency for dinner. This particular brother is an FBI agent and has some fascinating stories about busts, raids, pratical jokes and ludicrous people. I was in stitches most of the night. My favorite was not an FBI story though, it was about someone that used to be in the branch that I am currently a member of. This will help you see what type of branch it is:

There was this kid named PJ who used to be in the branch. PJ was known for being pretty air-headed. Once while working at Costco as a cashier PJ had a woman forget to take a poinsettia that she had purchased as she left his register. I guess that people often forget items at the register because Costco doesn't have bags. PJ looked down and realized what had happened just before the woman had gotten out of the door. Determined to make sure this customer didn't walk out without her plant, PJ scooped up the poinsettia with both hands and held it over his head as he ran toward the woman who was just about to exit the store. As he ran toward the woman, in his loudest voice, he started shouting to her, "Hey, you forgot your placenta! You forgot your placenta!" As the gap between PJ and the customer was closing, PJ realized that the entire store had gone stone silent. When he reached the woman he repeated once more as he waved the plant above his head, "You forgot your placenta!" The woman quickly grabbed her plant and said, "Thank you," in a quick, hushed tone. She then abrubtly turned and exited the store. PJ was so proud of himself for catching the woman before she had left the store that he thought the entire store population was giving him looks of surprised respect rather than incredulity as he walked back to his post. PJ, now back at his register, started checking out other customers.

About fifteen minutes later PJ's manager pulled him aside to speak with him. The manager asked PJ what had happened and PJ responded, "I saw her placenta lying there as she was walking out so I decided to catch her before she got out the door." Stifling a laugh, the manager said, "You gave her what? Do you know what a placenta is?" PJ responded, "It's that Christmas plant." The color drained from PJ's face as his manager explained to him what a placenta really was.

What a hoot! I was literally in tears after this story. I've never heard anything so hilarious! It sounds like a Seinfeld episode doesn't it? If I'm not mistaken, PJ still works as a cashier at the Costco in Carson City. If you're ever there, I suggest you don't purchase any poinsettias.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ok that was hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh :)