Zach and I went to Hope Valley the day before it snowed-lucky us. Yes, it snowed here. When I walked out of work on Friday afternoon I could hardly see my car it was coming down so hard! Woo-hoo for the first snowfall! So what if it didn't stick.
My reeds for my saxophone came in this week. The first day I had them I played for about an hour, then I couldn't feel my lips any longer and had to quit. It is fun to try new things like the sax. I can still play "Stand By Me" but I'm not quite as good as I remember being back in ninth grade. I'll post a video of me playing something when I don't hurt ears anymore.
I also had the chance to go to a college football game yesterday. It was awesome to be there. It made me realize how much I miss college. I love learning. I'm still learning, but it is a different type of learning than the kind the classroom offers. The branch had its own little tail-gate party before the game and then we froze while watching the game. We had a great time, even though UNR lost.
I've become curious about my surroundings recently and find myself driving around the edges of Carson to see what there is to see. Today on the way home from church I ventured farther down a road than I had been before and it turned into a dirt road. I took my little Aveo down that dirt road and had a blast! There are some great places for camping not far from where I live. If only I could have found these areas pre-frozen weather. Oh well, there's always next Spring.
Oh, I've also been having fun with my camera. I have taken some cool pictures of the moon recently.
1 comment:
Kelsey, you sure love taking pictures of the moon! I remember the hike we went on to Tony Grove and all the moon pictures you took. HAHA, what funny memories. Remember the BIG moose that I didn't see?
Post a Comment