10 September 2008

Tahoe City!

Zach and Seth's parents have a friend who gave them a week at their cabin in Tahoe City. What a cool little place! We drove up after I got off work one day and went swimming in the fffffffreezing water. FYI: don't swim in the shade-ever. It took me the rest of the night to warm up. Picture l-r: Jessica, Kelsey, Zach, Seth.
How pretty is this? It almost, not really but almost, reminds me of Alaska, except that there are lots of people here and roads and cars and...... Okay, so just the huge fish and the water remind me of Alaska, but I still ached for it just the same. I don't think I could have chosen a better place to live!

After swimming we had a great meal in this cozy little cabin. We started a fire-it was so nice. Some of the smells of this cabin reminded me of my family's cabin. (They even had the exact same vacuum cleaner!) After dinner we played games for a few hours. Picture l-r: Jessica, Seth, Zach, Mariah, Kim, Kelsey.
As we were driving home from Tahoe City, I saw one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. For any of you that haven't seen the sun on the horizon of a body of water, it creates this highway of light that leads from the sun to where you are. As we were driving back from Tahoe City I saw the moon on the horizon of a body of water, creating a similar but more dreamlike image. The light was much more muted and serene. Probably one of the most romantic things I've ever witnessed! (FYI: I'm an HR-Hopeless Romantic.) I tried to catch a snapshot of this image but, wouldn't you know it, my camera batteries were dying. The photos I did get were poor mimics of God's grandeur. If you ever get the chance, try to see what I saw with your own eyes-you'll SEE what I mean. (Anyone who picks up the reference to a John Mayer song in this paragraph gets a gold star!)

No comments: