13 September 2008

One Time at BRANCH Camp...

This weekend the single's branch went camping! I love camping! For some reason camping is the perfect setting to get to know people really well. Think back to the Scout Camps, Girl's Camps, and Family Reunions that you've participated in-it's true.

The same held true for Branch Camp this weekend. I feel more and more at ease with the people in my branch. It's cool that there are no cliques to deal with because the branch is so small-we're mostly one big happy family!

We went to this lake called Indian Creek. There were some HUGE lake trout, but I don't have a license to fish in CA-disappointing. The lake was low, so there was a nice rocky beach to play football on-we really only tossed the football. The one time the ball was tossed TOWARDS the lake it went in. We spent an hour throwing rocks behind it to get it back, but to no avail. (I've done the same with a Frisbee at First Dam in Logan, and we got it back-it took two hours, but we got it back.)

Anyhow, now for my story about what happened at Branch Camp:

One of the guys brought up his telescope. I was really excited to use it because I have been nothing but impressed with the celestial display since I got to Carson-by the way, Genoa is THE best place to star gaze in this valley. We were looking at Jupiter and its moons when out of nowhere this girl Heather walks up to me and asks if I lift weights. I was sort of taken back by her question because we've only ever spoken twice. I stumbled through my reply and then she followed up by asking if she could feel my arm. Too funny! I was almost rolling on the dirt because I was laughing so hard. Talk about random! The people that were also star gazing were a little puzzled at her queries as well, but it ended up being a great ice-breaker. After I got myself under control, Heather and I proceeded to discuss the fact that she is into being fit lately-she is just beginning her core classes as a Nutrition major.

It's funny. There are times when you wonder what other people think about you (especially when you've just moved far away from anyone you know), and sometimes you get shocked by the results. I guess I kind of set myself up for what Heather, and perhaps others, thinks about me. The first FHE I attended we played Human Foosball and the next one we went bowling. I'm not great at either, but I seemed to be having two good Mondays in a row, and ended up dominating in both of the activities. It didn't help that last Monday was a marshmallow gun war, and I happened to have my own gun... :) I have the branch thinking that I am really competitive and in shape. Little do they know....

It is too bad I have a horrendous cold and couldn't spend the night with the branch, I really wanted to, but I can't afford to get any more sick than I already am. Plus, today is the day that I get through the stack of five paragraph essays for 165 students. I need all the time I can get for that!

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Kelsey!! I've been wondering about you... so you can only imagine my surprise when I saw a comment from you on my blog! I'm way happy you found it! It looks like you're having a great time in Nevada! That makes me so happy for you!

Thank goodness for blogs huh? Now we have no excuse not to keep in contact with each other! That makes me happy.

Amanda said...

I'm glad to see that you are having so much fun with your big transition. That is so awesome!

I'm also glad to hear that you are so noticably buff!! Way to go! :)

Tara Fears said...

Hey Ladies! Wanna come see my room Ladies?!?!? You ARE in shape! What are YOU smoking?!? I really want to come visit you. Maybe we should take turns visiting each other. Yeah? I think it's a GRAND plan! And thanks for letting me know you have a blogity blog Bushman! I miss your FACE off!

Allan and Delcia Bosch said...

Too fun sharing the Bowers House exterior, food and movie. Your house is great. Let's rendezvous again soon.