20 April 2011

Denver

I recently had the opportunity to attend a technology conference in Denver, put on by the company whose platform my school uses for its online content. It was a very informative conference, which was actually a first for me. Since our school's approach to education is so unique, conferences I have attended in the past have never really been applicable. I learned so much at this conference that I can actually incorporate into my classes. It was worth the time away from my students.

I also got to stay at a VERY nice hotel, had all of my meals per diem (I only used about $40 of the larger sum that I was given), visited the REI in Denver, went to an aquarium, saw one of my former roommates, and got to wander all over downtown Denver. We were right on the 16th Street Mall, which made everything accessible. It was a blast! Here's a small glimpse of what I saw.

Unfortunately, much of my wanderings through Denver were at night, after the sessions of the conference were over, so many of my pictures were dark. I enjoyed the art and architecture of Denver.

I got on this sculpture that was in the middle of a dry fountain. My nightly ventures involved lots of interaction with my surroundings.





I loved the fact that the construction site was fenced off with some crocheted chain-link.

This was a large cow and her calf. I decided that I should go for a ride here too.


A huge dust bin and broom.

My co-worker Lynn and I at the state capitol. We are standing on the step that says 'One Mile Above Sea Level.'

Playing the piano at the hotel. No tips. I guess I should practice.





My former roommate Audra and I got to hang out, catch up and eat some frozen yogurt!

Lynn, Cindy and I following our photographer's direction.
The boss and his side-kick. ( :

1 comment:

Christine said...

It is fun to explore new cities and get a feel for the life there.