23 February 2011

Double Takes

Yep, it happened again, I got another black eye. At least I didn't get kicked in the face this time. This time it was only an elbow to the face during an intense game of President's Day basketball. The only similarity between this sporting black eye and the one I got about six months ago is that no foul was called either time. ( :

It has been really funny to watch people's reactions when they first notice that I have a black eye. They do a double take, and then most are very cautious not to look again, or bring it up. It's kind of obvious though, so I get to chuckle inwardly as students, colleagues and friends try to avoid looking at my purple eye as we have a conversation. Those who know me well don't hesitate to bring it up, while those who don't, tend to skirt around it. I find it rather hilarious--such simple entertainment for my simple mind.

3 comments:

DaNette said...

I had no idea they were so entertaining. Next time you are in town remind me to give you another one for some good chuckles!

Bryce Bushman said...

When I wore one dark red contact lens and one clear one I became very adept at noticing the exact instant that someone recognized it. I had some fun times with that!

Tia said...

Show a picture of YOUR black eye!