22 August 2010

Climbing in UT

My favorite place to go rock climbing is a little-known, slot canyon in Sanpete County, UT. Maple Canyon is where I began rock climbing, and I have many fond memories of visiting this canyon while going to school at Snow College. It is a strictly conglomorate stone canyon, which is ideal for climbing. And it's pretty to boot!

A few of my friends that I climb with let me talk them in to making a trip out to UT to check out Maple Canyon. They were pleased with what they found, and we had a great two day adventure!
Here is a view of one of the slots in Maple Canyon. Me, on a climb
Belaying
Coaching
Bracing for a fall
Getting ready to lead climb. This was something that none of us had done in a very long time, if ever. Maple was the perfect place to relearn this skill. Lead climbing added a whole new dimension to climbing-such a rush!
Haydn
Tommy leading
Messin' around
View from the top

No comments: