When I got home I was busy attempting to take the tire off and take it in to Les Schwab to get repaired, when I was held up at the lug nuts. Man, those were some tight lug nuts! I had a star wrench that I was practically jumping on to try to get them loose. I found that I lacked the upper body strength (and apparently weight) to get them off. Frustrated, I called one of my friends who lives close by and he came over with a nice jack and a car stand. He was able to strong-arm the star wrench and take the wheel off. Then he took me in to Les Schwab and we got the SCREW out of my tire and they plugged it up for me.
I am so grateful for the friends I have who are so willing to help me. I am not usually a person who likes asking for help, and will usually try to avoid it at all costs. It's nice to know that there are people out there who I can ask for help though.
The funny part about this whole story was that less than two weeks ago my other front tire was flat. I was driving home from FHE one Monday night when it happened. Since I was one of the last ones to leave, there weren't many people from the branch that would have passed me, but I was impressed because everyone that was driving home from the branch stopped to help. I had two guys take off my tire and put my spare on for me. It feels nice to be taken care of that like. I did have to purchase a new tire in that instance. Dang front tires! The crazy thing is I just replaced both front tires in November! It's only deaths that happen in three's right? ( :
2 comments:
Who said only deaths happen in three's? Just about everything seems to happen in three's. So, gear up.
Did you have a warrenty on those tires? Okay-the one with the screw wouldn't have been covered, but the other? Bummer! My mom met your dad at a scouting thing. She thought he did a great job at whatever he did. Miss having you around!
Post a Comment