01 December 2009

The Game!

Well, a while back my brother Coby told me that I should probably go home for Thanksgiving because not only would I get to spend some quality time with the fam, that would also be the weekend BYU plays Utah. It really didn't take much convincing since I hadn't seen my family in a long time and I missed the game last year. (Correction, I missed most of the game last year. I was listening to it on the radio in my kitchen and had to hold my body and the antenna in a certain position to pick up any reception.)

For a few years now my family all gets together at someone's house to watch the BYU games and there is usually a lot of food and fun involved as well. We kind of grew up on BYU football, so it is fun that the fam gets together to watch still. Sometimes the viewers can get pretty intense. Unfortunately for me, I haven't seen many games lately so I wasn't as 'into' the game as I have been in the past. Plus there were nine of my favorite little people there (nieces and nephews), so I was a little distracted by them. ( :

Jonah rocks! I love that I captured his 'camera' smile.

Ander was showing me his toy. He got a nice bump on his eye...

BYU pulled off the win in over-time. It was an intense game because the U came back in the fourth quarter and tied everything up. I guess that BYU's quarterback said some derogatory things about the U because many of my friends on FB have mentioned that he has no class and there is even a group you can join...crazy. What did he say?

Poor Jessica, she was the only one wearing and rooting for the U.

Funny, JD was complaining about his eye itching so I told him if he cried it would help, or if he just shut his eyes it would help. He sat there with his eyes shut really tight for a few minutes and said, "Do people think I am sleeping?" I told him that they probably did. A few minutes later he was totally out. It was a blast to be able to snuggle with this active four year old for about an hour, that doesn't happen often any more.

Birthdays are not really a big deal in my family, but the birthday person does get to choose what they would like for dinner and we usually all eat together, even now. Since I live far from the fam my mom and I decided to celebrate the bday early after the game. Mom made her amazing Chinese Chicken Salad and Angie made a great fruit salad. I didn't knock the cake over this year, and I was even able to blow out all 29 candles! Whew! I got some fun gifts, and even a new book! My fam is great!

Coby was trying to have Livia help me, but she found the camera and looked that direction. When she looks at you it seems like she sees deep inside.

I had lots of help opening my presents! Gotta love these active guys.

No comments: