23 November 2009
Face Plant Save
One Sunday I was conducting Relief Society. After a particularly spiritual lesson I stood up to close the meeting and didn't realize that one foot was asleep until I put pressure on it, about five feet away from any chairs. I put my weight directly over all of the joints in my leg so I could balance, and then took a step with my 'awake' foot. There was no way I was going to face plant in front of the RS. As I tried to lift the foot that was asleep to take a step it felt like the foot was two feet long and had put on 50 extra pounds. I had the hardest time getting it off the ground, and ended up dragging my toe. There wasn't going to be a chance to put any real weight on it this time, so I simply pivoted on the foot that was awake and leaned against the table. As I turned around and saw many perplexed faces, I had to explain that my foot was asleep. Unfortunately it caused a loud outburst of laughter that wasn't the best end to a great day of church. I tried to do what I could to salvage the Spirit by bearing my testimony about the topic. I literally fell into the front row, luckily no one sits in the front row in our RS, when I was done. What a close call!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally had something similar happen. Back in one of my singles' wards, I got up to bear my testimony one Sunday, and didn't realize that my foot was asleep until it was too late. I saved myself from a complete fall by grabbing onto the pew in front of me, but everyone still saw me and my ungracefulness. I didn't bear my testimony that day.
Post a Comment