23 April 2009

Spring Break Report

What a whirlwind vacation last week was! I loved every minute too! I'll run through the day by day.

Monday
Drove the Sacramento area to my Aunt Connie and Uncle Gary's and played with my cousin Sarah and her two kids. We weeded a garden, went on a walk, did a puzzle, watched the new Emma Smith movie and of course, stayed up late talking.
Tuesday
Drove to Monterey, where it was really windy, and played with my cousin Hilary and her two boys. Brennen is one of my new favorite people. He is so much fun!
We went on a hike and then down to the wharf. I lost my wallet on the wharf, cancelled my cards, filled out a police report, prayed a lot, and someone called me with my wallet the next day. What a blessing. We also saw Harbor Seals and their pups, ate some great clam chowder and Brennen and I fed tons of birds!
Wednesday
Drove to Merced and stayed with my Aunt Suzette and Uncle Matt. I got the housing tour, from their most recent house, to the one they just moved from, to the one they originally lived in when they moved to Merced. We ended up at the lake at dark.
Thursday
We planted a vegetable garden, shopped, packed, and then drove to our yurt outside of Yosemite.
Friday
We drove in to Yosemite and checked out the valley, including Bridal Veil Falls, Yosemite Falls and the chapel.
Saturday
We drove back into the park and hiked up to Vernal Falls. We drove back to Merced and slept well.

Sunday

We went to church and then I drove back to the Sacramento area and visited with Sarah, Tim and their girls for a bit. Then I found yet another route back to Carson City that seems to be the fastest route yet. I got home that night and slept well again.

During this vacation I was also able to listen to two books on tape! I love books on tape!

This was such a fun Spring Break! I can't wait until Summer!!!

No comments: